Jet Lag and New Projects

London.  

Brussels.  
I was fortunate to have the opportunity to spend 10 days in London and Brussels. There was so much to see and do although there wasn't enough time to do everything.

The main reason for the trip was to visit the re-enactment for the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo. No, I'm not the military history buff, but my husband is, so off we went. I've posted a few photos, but don't worry I won't bore you with hundreds of vacation photos!


Waterloo.
Napoleon
I was glad of the break, but was planning to jump back into furniture refinishing as soon as I got back. Then jet lag hit. Big time. So I took it easy this past week, but am ready to get back into the swing of things.

Preparing new pulls then will list it for sale.
I have two pieces that were "sale pending", but due to unforeseen circumstances the buyer wasn't able to complete the purchase. One is a chest of drawers and the other is a lovely vintage vanity. So my first order of business is to get these two pieces back on the market. However, just before I left on my trip, as I opened one of the drawers of the chest one of vintage drawer pulls snapped in two. It must have had a weak spot in it and it's time had come. So when I returned home I ordered new pulls and will work on those and get the chest ready for sale again.
Oops! New pulls just arrived.

I will re-list the vanity for sale soon.
I have a couple of big projects waiting for my attention, but those were just too big (aka heavy) for me to work on this week. I went shopping this morning and found a few items that I thought we be perfect. One is a set of Mersman end tables. Mersman manufactured quite a few of the end tables and I find them frequently, although not always in a set. This set was in fairly good condition, and I think they will look fabulous once they are painted.



I also found a charming vintage coffee table. I think it's circa 1940's. It has a Hepplewhite style drawer pull and sits on the cutest set of casters. The table isn't the same design or era of the end tables, but I think I will paint it in the same color scheme and see how that turns out.





I tried to stay on top of correspondence while I was out of the country, but my internet connections weren't always the best. I did spend time this week getting caught up though. If you sent a message or left a comment that I didn't reply to -- then please accept my apologies for the oversight.

Hopefully I'll have some finished projects to post soon. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

Popular Posts