Rustic Table Gets a New Look with Duck Egg Blue and Coco

This table is ready for a makeover! 
I picked this table up from a local auction. The table was made by Dutch Woodcraft Shops and was in good condition but the finish was in bad shape and needed a makeover. I liked the worn look on both the top and the bottom shelf. But the top also included some water rings and deep scratches that weren't adding to its look.




The drawer front had a stenciled tulip design.


The inside drawer is marked "Dutch Woodcraft Shops", Zeeland, Michigan.



I used my orbital sander to sand off the finish on the top. I left some residual finish in areas that didn't have deep scratches.

After

I chose a color scheme of Duck Egg Blue for the base and Coco for the drawer and bottom shelf. I sealed the painted finish with clear wax and then added some black wax here and there to age it slightly.





I didn't do anything to the original knobs. I thought the original finish added a good contrast with the new color scheme.


 Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts