It's Time for Another Makeover


I've been in the market for a vintage clock to use for photography staging. I found this clock for $3 at a thrift store. I gave it an update with paint for a more vintage look.

Before: The style was right but he finish was too contrived.

 I painted the base and frame in Graphite (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint).

Apply a base color of Graphite chalk paint.


Next I dry brushed white over the metal frame.

Dry brush white over the base color to add dimension.

I used fine grit sand paper and gently sanded the clock face to remove some of the printed areas. I dry brushed some Graphite over the face and then wiped it with a slightly damp cloth to blend it in. I sealed the base and frame with a light coat of clear wax.

Gently sand the painted clock face to and add some Graphite to give an aged look.

 Here's a side-by-side look of the before and after:

Before and After.

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts