Vintage Serpentine Dresser



Today's project is a lovely vintage serpentine dresser. It was structurally sound, but the finish in most areas was in rough shape.

Before 
The original knobs were replaced with ceramic knobs at some point. These would be cute knobs for a country cabinet, but they didn't pair well with the serpentine dresser, so I decided to replace them.

The country style knobs were replaced with a more elegant knob.

I knew this old stain would bleed through the paint, so first I applied two coats of shellac. After applying the first coat of Old White there were still a few areas with bleed through, so I applied another coat of shellac and finished with a second coat of Old White.

Painted in Old White (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint)
I lightly sanded the painted surface and then applied a coat of clear wax to seal the paint.

The paint was sanded for a smooth finish.
For the replacement knobs, I choose a simple but elegant (faux) crystal from Hobby Lobby.

New replacement knobs.
The legs rest on four wooden wheels.
Wood wheels.
I love the curves on the drawer fronts!

Curved drawer fronts.

The top mimics the curves of the drawers, and the double layer top adds to the overall beauty of this dresser.

Double layered top.

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Visit Me on Pinterest!

Popular Posts